Edgewood Dental Blog
May 18, 2020
The number one way to protect yourself and your loved ones from the COVID-19 pandemic is to practice social distancing. Thankfully, your Michigan City emergency dentist is still providing treatment for dental emergencies. However, some dental situations can be treated at home without risking exposure to the coronavirus. Here’s how to tell if you’re experiencing an urgent dental emergency or if you can treat your symptoms at home until your dentist reopens.
April 16, 2020
The best way to keep you and your loved ones safe from the current COVID-19 pandemic is to practice social distancing. However, your little one may be more prone to forget about taking care of their smile when they’re stuck at home without a routine. The last thing you need is for your son or daughter to develop a cavity during quarantine! Here are eight tips from your children’s dentist in Michigan City, IN to help them keep their oral health on track while they’re stuck at home.
March 11, 2020
According to dental experts, brushing your teeth only removes about 60% of the harmful plaque and bacteria from your mouth. The other 40% have accumulated in small spaces that your toothbrush bristles can’t reach, like between your teeth and just under your gumline. Dental floss can easily clean out these areas, but should you floss your teeth before or after you brush them? Your dentist near Michigan City explains why when you floss matters and how you can make the most out of your dental routine.
February 19, 2020
February is about a whole lot more than finding the perfect gift for your significant other. It’s also National Children’s Dental Health Month! This observance was created as a way to teach young kids and their parents about the advantages of excellent oral health care starting from a young age. Because of this, February is the perfect opportunity to teach dental hygiene habits to your child. Read more as a children’s dentist in Michigan City gives a few tips on how to integrate healthy oral habits into your little one’s life.
January 2, 2020
It’s a brand-new decade, which means it’s time to focus on how you can better yourself in 2020. Maybe you want to read more books or work out more often. Perhaps you want to be more confident in how you look. Luckily, your dentist can help with that last one! If you have crooked teeth that you want to get corrected, your dentist offers Six Month Smiles and Invisalign in Michigan City. Keep reading to learn how these treatments can straighten your smile and up your confidence in 2020.
December 30, 2019
It’s the start of a new year, which is a great time to set goals and intentions to build a healthier and happier you. Your smile is oftentimes the first trait that people get to admire about you, and if you’re not confident in the way it looks and feels, that can have a serious impact on your self-esteem. To kick off the new decade, your family dentist in Michigan City is offering four tips and tricks for healthier teeth and gums in 2020. (more…)
November 22, 2019
Everyone likes saving money. No one likes losing money. These are two almost universal truths. However, close to 97 percent of people with dental insurance end up losing money without even realizing it once the year ends. This is because any unused benefits do NOT roll over into next year’s plan. To avoid losing money once 2020 rolls around, let’s talk about how you can maximize dental insurance benefits. (more…)
October 5, 2019
As you get your kids’ costumes ready for Halloween night, you feel overwhelmed just imagining the amount of candy they will likely collect. Not only will these sugary treats make your children hyper, but many of these candies can also make developing cavities more probable. How can you ensure that your children’s smiles can stay healthy through this holiday? What are the types of candy that you should keep an eye out for the most? In this blog post, you’ll learn the best and worse candy for your children’s teeth. (more…)
September 2, 2019
With summer vacation coming to an end, your life is about to become busier. Between your commitments at home, work responsibilities, school, and extra-curricular activities, there isn’t much time left in the day for anything else. As a result, it’s easy for your child’s dental health to be overlooked. Don’t worry. You can keep their healthy smile a top priority using simple tips from your family dentist in Michigan City.
July 15, 2019
From discolored teeth to a crooked smile, porcelain veneers in Michigan City can make all sorts of cosmetic improvements to your pearly whites, helping you feel more confident and outgoing. That said, nothing lasts forever; over time, your veneers will sustain damage and eventually need to be replaced. Fortunately, you can extend their longevity by taking excellent care of them. If you’re thinking of getting veneers, take note of these 4 useful tips for getting the most out of them.