July 7, 2020
Are your pearly whites ready for summer? Or do you hide your smile on Instagram pictures and Zoom meetings? You may not be traveling much this year, but you still deserve to feel confident about showing off a set of beautifully bright teeth! Now is the best time to visit your Michigan City dentist for a professional teeth whitening treatment. Find out why you should see your trusted dentist instead of using a store-bought whitener and how you maintain the dazzling results!
Downfalls of Store-Bought Whiteners
Since there are countless teeth whitening products you can buy at your local grocery store, pharmacy, or online retailer, you may be tempted to take brightening your smile into your own hands. Initially, this may seem like a convenient and affordable way to get the results you want. However, there are numerous disadvantages of using store-bought whiteners, like:
- You may only achieve subpar results: Over-the-counter products aren’t professional grade, so they simply can’t whiten your smile as well as you may hope.
- You may spend more time and money in the long run: Since you aren’t likely to achieve the stunning results you hoped for right away, you’ll spend more time and money on store-bought products.
- You may experience gum irritation and tooth sensitivity: Store-bought whiteners aren’t personalized to your unique mouth, so the whitening agent may not work as intended. It can easily irritate your gum tissue can cause your teeth to become sensitive.
Advantages of Professional Teeth Whitening
Thankfully, you don’t have to take a gamble on over-the-counter whiteners if you want a brighter smile. A quick trip to your Michigan City cosmetic dentist for teeth whitening offers a variety of advantages, including:
- Reliably dramatic improvement: Your trusted dentist has the training to utilize a much more effective whitening agent than anything you can buy at the store or online. A professional treatment reliably provides the dramatic and lifelike results that you’re looking for.
- Affordable and long-lasting results: Teeth whitening is an affordable cosmetic treatment that won’t break the bank. What’s more, your stunning results can last for years to come!
- Safe, professional, and personalized treatment: Every aspect of a professional whitening treatment, from the whitening trays to the strength of the whitening agent, is customized to your unique smile and personal goals.
Tips to Keep Your Smile Bright & Sunny All Season Long
With the right care, you can expect your dazzling results to last for nine to 12 years! So what can you do to keep your smile sunny? All it takes to protect your dazzling white teeth is a few simple yet effective healthy habits. First, try to avoid staining foods and drinks like coffee, wine, soy sauce, and pasta sauce. If you do indulge in these items, be sure to rinse you mouth out afterwards to prevent staining. You should also regularly brush and floss your teeth to prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar. Finally, be sure to see your dentist twice a year to ensure your smile stays bright!
This summer get a smile that will sparkle in your Zoom calls and from six feet away! An in-office treatment or at-home whitening kit can help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted!
About the Practice
Edgewood Dental is committed to supporting the Michigan City community both in and outside the office. Dr. Valerie Haughtington and Dr. Vidas Noreika genuinely care about each of their patients and always take the time to understand their unique goals and concerns. They are also involved in a wide variety of community organizations and programs to make Michigan City a great place to work and live. They offer several teeth whitening options, so don’t hesitate to contact them if you’re looking for a brighter smile. Feel free to reach them via their website or at (219) 898-4545.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.